Monday, March 02, 2009

Twitterpated

Finished my first sock using actual factual sock yarn and itty bitty knitting needles (size 2 sock needles). It's a pattern called Twitterpated, which I figured would be perfect for my skills...plus the name's really cute. It's an easy to memorize stitch pattern. And although I decided at the last minute to graft the toe, the pattern itself calls for a simple draw-through-the-center closure, similar to making a hat. All in all, I'm very pleased. It's comfortable and pretty.

Of course as I was trying to lay out the sock to take a photo, a cat appeared to sit right where the sock was going to be. You can't necessarily get a feel for the cuteness of the sock pattern when distracted by Mittens, so here's a close-up of the pattern.

1 comment:

  1. Tuxedo cats are win. :)

    That's a mighty fine sock! I'm making a scarf with sock yarn, currently. I don't think I'd ever actually wear a sock made of sock yarn...it's way too thick for me. Of course, I also spend my life in flip flops so, yeah.

    ReplyDelete